AAR CORP Sheet Metal Technician in INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana
Title: Sheet Metal Technician
Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Job Number: 10980
NEW STARTING PAY...$$
Sheet Metal Technician – Helping Keep Passengers Safe!
At AAR, our purpose is #DoingItRight and to better connect the world; for our customers, our employees and community. Our Core Values help us differentiate ourselves in the global marketplace. In addition, AAR supports non-profits and organizations whom work to improve society in primary areas such as: veterans and active military; education with an emphasis on STEM; health and wellness; and diversity/inclusion. As a member of our organization, you will have the opportunity to deliver your interpersonal skills and exemplify #DoingItRight for our operating businesses and corporate social responsibility.
AAR is the largest independent aviation provider in the Americas and one of the largest in the world, providing commercial and expeditionary services. Our aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions provide customers to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and maintain high levels of quality service.
Our Indianapolis, IN location is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, with minimal supervision.
· We believe in limited supervision for our employees when able to portray their leadership skills and mentor entry level mechanics.
· Ability to continue your professional growth and development opportunity for future career opportunities at AAR.
· You will deliver your experience/skills on various major aircrafts, such as Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer to our customers.
Skilled in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking/shoring aircraft.
Highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards.
· Within 90 days : You will learn the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) business and the AAR organization. AAR will assess your background and provide resources to enhance/hone your skills through our assessment testing.
· After 90 days : Continue your training (ie. GEN fams) and will have an opportunity to become a mentor/mentee in AAR’s Training & Development program.
· 1 Year : You will have a solid understanding of AMM, SRM, Wiring Diagram/References; Proficiency in utilizing & determining IPC parts; a working knowledge of ATA chapters.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training.
Hold a minimum of an A License; May or may not have a P license
Why Should You Apply?
· AAR’s Learning and Career Development Program that will provide you the tools, resources, and opportunity to grow within our organization.
· Direct & contract employees will be offered a numerous amount of employee discounts through various vendors nationwide.
· Become a member of the aerospace/defense company on Forbes’ America’s Best Mid-Size Employers List.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran